Dental Implants — DuPont, WA
Replace Missing Teeth Beautifully
For patients who have lost one or more teeth, there are several excellent options for replacement available here at Dupont Family Dentistry. Although every person’s individual preferences and needs are different, our doctors are likely to recommend dental implants as the optimal choice because of their exceptional longevity and aesthetically pleasing appearance. Please schedule your very own implant consultation and comprehensive dental exam at our DuPont location today and bring any questions for our dedicated staff members.
Why Choose Dupont Family Dentistry For Dental Implants?
- Replace Any Number of Missing Teeth Permanently
- Partnered with Local Implant Specialists for the Best Results
- Flexible Financing Options Through CareCredit Available
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are the most lifelike tooth replacement option available today, in both appearance and function. Just like a natural tooth, they are comprised of two parts: the portion below the gumline and what is seen above. A small titanium implant post can be inserted directly into the jawbone to act just like the roots of a natural tooth, providing a stable and strong foundation. Once it has fully integrated with the jawbone, a custom-made restoration will be secured to the top of the implant post. This crown, bridge or denture will be made to look exactly like your natural teeth to blend in with the rest of your smile seamlessly! Dentists consider dental implants to be the gold standard of tooth replacement because rebuilding missing teeth from the roots up offers a smile that looks, feels, and acts just like natural.
The 4 Step Dental Implant Process
How dental implants work in DuPont is a timely process that involves months of preparation, surgical placement, recovery, and completion. From the initial consultation to receiving your finalized restoration, you must remain committed to the process to ensure your implants are a success. At Dupont Family Dentistry, we partner with the best local implant specialists to ensure optimal results while remaining by your side to make sure you are pleased with your new implants as well as the look and feel of your complete restoration.
It is true that every patient’s experience will differ simply because every case is unique, but the process all individuals must go through remains the same:
Initial Dental Implant Consultation
When meeting with one of our skilled dental experts for your initial consultation, you can expect to go through a thorough examination of your oral and overall health. Not only will we use advanced technology to evaluate the status of your mouth and facial structures, but we will discuss your general health and whether you are ready to undergo the minor oral surgery that is required to receive dental implants in DuPont.
No matter if you require additional treatment or receive the green light for oral surgery, we will deliver a complete treatment plan that discusses the timeline for your new smile and its cost.
Dental Implant Surgery
Partnering with the best implant surgeons and specialists in the area, our team will make sure you receive the care and attention you need during this phase of treatment. Your implant dentist in DuPont will begin by administering local anesthesia to numb the appropriate areas of your mouth before making small incisions in your gums. After carefully angling and positioning each implant, they will close the gum tissue and place a protective cap.
This is necessary to allow for effective healing when you return home.
Dental Implant Osseointegration/Abutment
As you heal from this minor surgery, which can take anywhere from three to six months depending on how many implants are placed, the post and surrounding bone tissue fuse together. As this happens, the bone anchors the implant that will hold your eventual tooth restoration sturdily in place. It may also be necessary for you to return to have a metal abutment put into place, which will connect your customized restoration to the actual implant.
Delivery of Dental Implant Restorations
The final step in the dental implant placement process is receiving your dental implant crown, bridge, or denture. Because this type of tooth replacement is highly versatile, it is commonly used to treat all types of tooth loss. This is great news for individuals like yourself who prefer a more permanent option as opposed to fixed bridges or partial or full dentures. Our team will affix a beautifully crafted restoration designed by local lab technicians. Abiding by the specified size, shape, and color, your new teeth will blend in with your remaining healthy teeth and give you a fully restored smile.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Denture wearers often remark of their insecurity and embarrassment when wearing prosthetics that slip or fall out. In fact, around 10% admit they avoid social gatherings altogether. With dental implants, you can enjoy socializing with family, friends, and colleagues and ultimately embrace a better quality of life.
- Your favorite foods no longer need to be a thing of the past. Instead, you can enjoy consuming various foods, textures, and beverages because of the increased bite force and chewing power you will receive with dental implants. Also, your favorite hot tea or coffee will not put your implants in danger of warping like they would dentures.
- Your oral health will significantly improve because of the ease that comes with cleaning your dental implants in DuPont. Instead of spending time soaking your prosthetics, you can enjoy the easy maintenance of brushing, flossing, and rinsing like normal every day!
- If your overall health is a concern, replacing your missing teeth with dental implants is the best way to reduce your risk for osteoporosis, cardiovascular disease, and diabetes. With many people missing at least 5 teeth by the age of 65, the risk for serious health problems goes up. However, with dental implants, you can replace these teeth and go on to extend your lifespan.
- Dental implants do not require altering your nearby healthy teeth nor do they result in jawbone deterioration. With fixed bridges, your adjacent teeth must be altered to ensure your bridge properly fits, and with dentures, your prosthetic only sits on top of the gums, which results in your jawbone weakening over time. With implants, you can enjoy a more youthful appearance because of the continuous stimulation to your jawbone.
- Oral sores will no longer be a problem because your implants will remain firmly in place. Unlike dentures that can fit poorly when changes to the facial shape occur, you will not need to worry about this problem with dental implants.
- If you prefer a solution that will last a lifetime, choose dental implants. Their titanium structure and ability to fuse with bone will have them remaining firmly in place for decades or even a full lifetime.
- The upfront cost of dental implants is high, but they are much more cost-effective in the long run when you consider you do not need to purchase dental adhesives to hold them in place or specialized cleaning products to maintain them. You will also avoid paying for regular adjustments and replacements every 5-10 years, which is typical when wearing a denture or fixed bridge.
- You will feel much more confident in choosing dental implants when you learn that they have a success rate of 98% when put into place by a trusted implant dentist in DuPont. That rate becomes 90-95% after 10 years, making it a safe, reliable, and superior option for tooth replacement.
Who Dental Implants Can Help
Whether you need to replace a single tooth or a whole row of teeth, there is an implanted prosthetic that can restore your complete smile. With more than 3 million people already enjoying their new smiles thanks to dental implants, and a 98% success rate upon initial placement by a dental implant dentist in DuPont, most adults who are living with tooth loss can embrace a better quality of life because of the distinct advantages provided by these permanent prosthetics. The team at Dupont Family Dentistry is here to help you take the next step in your oral healthcare journey and will ensure your mouth is ready for the benefits that can only be achieved by dental implants. After a thorough examination, we will build a personalized treatment plan that is just for you.
Who is a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
You will be pleased to learn that most adults are eligible for dental implants. However, it is necessary to undergo a complete examination to determine the status of your oral and overall health. Some of the factors we will consider during your initial consultation include:
- Oral Health: If you have cavities or gum disease, it will be necessary to receive appropriate treatment to address these problems and improve the health of your smile.
- Overall Health: You will be required to undergo minor oral surgery when receiving dental implants, so you must be healthy enough to be put under anesthesia.
- Enough Jawbone: Your dental implants in DuPont require a stable foundation, so you will need enough jawbone to create a strong support system for your implants and custom restoration.
Even if you feel you are not a candidate for treatment, our team of experts can examine your oral cavity and facial structures to provide a definitive answer. If there is proof that you have insufficient jawbone, gum disease, or another serious problem, there are preliminary treatments we can perform to create a healthier, more durable environment for your implants later on.
Missing 1 Tooth
With more than 120 million people in the United States missing one tooth, the idea of receiving dental implants is a welcomed reality for many who assume fixed bridges are the only option. If you are missing one tooth, our dentist and their team can position a single implant post to support a dental crown. This implant will be positioned to take advantage of the greatest bone density where you need it most.
Missing Multiple Teeth
If you are dealing with several consecutive missing teeth, then an implant bridge may be the ideal solution. At least two implant posts will be required at both ends of the bridge for good support. Once in place, the bridge, which consists of two or more crowns, will blend in seamlessly with your other teeth. This prevents using your regular, healthy teeth that must be altered to receive a fixed bridge.
If you have multiple nonconsecutive missing teeth, we can create an implant partial denture that will secure into place once your implants are anchored to your jawbone.
Missing All Teeth
If you are missing all of your teeth along your top or bottom arch, then perhaps you should consider an implant denture. With this, you will enjoy all the beauty of a natural-looking denture and the security of dental implants. Placing between 4 and 6 dental implants along the arch, we can ensure maximum stability and support before securing a customized denture to your implants and helping to restore your
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
On average, the cost of dental implants in DuPont runs between $1,500 and $2,000. But there is more to that cost than meets the eye.
First, you must consider the longevity of dental implants. The truth is that these tooth replacements can last for the rest of your life if you commit to excellent oral hygiene. By brushing your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste, flossing at least once daily, and attending dental checkups every six months, you not only ensure the health of your natural teeth but your dental implants as well. Just like your own teeth, dental implants depend on healthy gum tissue to remain strong and secure. The implants in your jaw could become infected as a result of excessive bacteria in your mouth. However, with stringent oral hygiene, you will be able to enjoy the benefits of dental implants for years to come.
Only until our team examines your smile and formulates a personalized treatment plan will we be able to provide a thorough estimate for the cost of your dental implant treatment.
Preliminary Treatments & Dental Implant Surgery
If you need a preliminary procedure before you receive your dental implants, then this cost will also need to be factored into your decision. For instance, your dentist may need to extract teeth or plan for a bone or tissue graft in order to strengthen the portion of your jawbone and gums that will support the implants. The cost of these procedures varies according to the complexity of each case.
Also, dental implant surgery is an added cost that you will be expected to pay. Because our dental office partners with the best specialists and surgeons in the area, you will be expected to pay an implant dentist in DuPont separately in addition to paying for the customized restoration when you receive it from our dental office.
The Parts of Your Dental Implant
Dental implants are comprised of various parts and based on the size, material, brand, type of restoration, and the number of implants you will need, your cost for treatment can remain low or increase quickly. It is important to remember that searching for inexpensive prosthetics may not lend the same high-quality results, causing you to pay more in the future. Because most dental implants in DuPont are made out of titanium or zirconia, our team will go over which material is best for your smile as well as the size of the implants you will receive.
You can also expect the price to increase if you need more than one dental implant. Naturally, a single missing tooth will cost much less than an entire arch; however, an implant denture will be more cost-effective than a traditional prosthetic (i.e., full denture).
You can trust that our team will be ready to sit down with you to discuss your complete implant process and go over the costs associated with each part of your implant. Whether you need a crown, bridge, or denture to restore your smile, we will identify the most affordable way to achieve your new smile without sacrificing quality.
How Dental Implants Can Save You Money
Wearing dentures and fixed bridges may seem like a more affordable option, but when you compare the cost associated with upkeep, you will find that dental implants are far more cost-effective. Their lack of dental adhesives and special cleaning products can significantly help to cut costs, and you will not need regular replacements every 5-10 years like you would with dentures or bridges.
Dental implants also make it possible for you to easily maintain your smile in its entirety because they act just like regular teeth, allowing you to clean them using the same tools you use each day. As a result, you will lower your risk for common oral health problems and maintain more of your jawbone over time because of the continuous stimulation delivered with the help of your implants.
Does My Dental Insurance Cover Dental Implants?
You might assume that dental insurance companies are willing to pay for dental implant placement. Unfortunately, this is usually not the case. Because they do not deem them “medically necessary,” patients are often advised to find other ways to pay for treatment. But before you throw in the towel or assume the worst, you may find that your insurer will pay for preliminary treatments, the customized restoration, or even your preliminary treatments, which can help lower your out-of-pocket expenses.
Making Dental Implants Affordable
When faced with the remaining balance of your dental implant placement, you will need assistance from an alternative source. Fortunately, at Dupont Family Dentistry, we are pleased to work closely with CareCredit, which is a third-party company that offers flexible financing in the form of low and no interest payment plans. If you are eligible, you can enroll and break up the cost of your treatment into manageable payments, allowing you to stay within your budget.