Gum Recontouring – DuPont, WA
Reshaping Your Smile for an Improved Aesthetic
Oftentimes, when you are not happy with your smile, it is not your teeth that are the problem. It might be your gums that are creating an unpleasant appearance. As a result, you might think there is nothing you can do to remedy the situation, but you will be happy to learn that at Dupont Family Dentistry, there is gum recontouring in DuPont, WA. This unique cosmetic solution can trim away excess gum tissue and create a more even and beautifully symmetrical smile. To learn more about the process or to schedule an appointment, contact us today.
What is Gum Recontouring?
The process of gum recontouring refers to the removal of excess gum tissue in your mouth. Some individuals have what is called a “gummy smile” and prefer to have less tissue showing with their smile. Others may only need removal in certain areas so that the gum line appears even. No matter the reason, gum recontouring is a safe and effective way to transform smiles.
Why is Gum Recontouring Used?
If you have any of the following, your dentist will likely suggest gum recontouring to improve your appearance:
- Protruding gums (“gummy” smile)
- “Short” teeth
- Insufficient tooth structure for proper dental crown placement
- Uneven gum line
Having good oral and overall health is necessary before moving forward with this type of cosmetic procedure, but during an initial consultation with one of our expert dental professionals, they will examine your oral cavity and determine if you are a qualified candidate for gum recontouring.
What Are the Benefits of Gum Recontouring?
While it may seem obvious that a new and improved appearance is one of the greatest benefits to gum recontouring, this process offers patients much more than just an enhanced look. If you choose to pursue this method of treatment, you can expect:
- Improved oral health – By eliminating excess gum tissue, you are lowering your risk for gum disease.
- Boosted confidence – A smile that looks good will certainly make you feel as if you can take on the world. You will finally be able to have the confidence you need and deserve.
- Additional tooth structure for restorative needs – If you need additional tooth structure to have a dental crown placed, gum recontouring will allow you to better protect a weakened tooth, thus, improving your smile and ultimately, your oral health.
How Much Does Gum Recontouring Cost?
The cost of gum recontouring depends on your case. Different factors must come into play to determine how much you can expect to budget for your new smile. Some of these include:
- How much tissue will be removed
- How much sculpting and shaping will be involved
- If any additional pre-contouring treatment is needed
- How the procedure is performed
It is unlikely that your dental insurance company will cover cosmetic procedures; however, if it is deemed necessary in any way, there may be a chance your out of pocket expenses could be less. You must speak with your insurance company or a member of our team to better understand your financial responsibility before agreeing to this type of procedure.