Missing Multiple Teeth – DuPont, WA
Dental Implants Can Replenish Your Confident Smile
Traditionally, when someone has multiple missing teeth in DuPont, the best replacement stood in for each tooth’s white crown. In today’s modern dental landscape, there are now dental implants, which can seamlessly replace the entire tooth from root to crown.
Implant-retained dental prosthetics look more natural and function better than those that do not replace the root. Your dentists here at Dupont Family Dentistry will be able to guide you. Together, we can work together to determine if dental implants are the best reconstructive service option for your specific case of missing teeth.
Non-Implant Tooth Replacement Options
- Crown and Bridge. This prosthetic has long been used to replace from one to three missing teeth. A span of lifelike teeth bridges the gap in your smile. The “teeth” are connected to abutment crowns that are mounted on top of healthy teeth at both ends of the bridge. A crown and bridge can be an economical and efficient means of replacing missing teeth.
- Partial Denture. This prosthetic consists of false teeth and a metal frame outfitted with clasps or brackets that attach to some of your remaining healthy teeth. Like a piece in a jigsaw puzzle, a partial fits between healthy teeth to fill in the gaps left by tooth loss.
- Full Denture. If you are missing an entire row of teeth, full dentures have been a reliable replacement option for years and years. Prosthetic teeth are attached to a flexible, gum-colored base that fits securely but comfortably over your gum ridge. Natural suction and denture adhesive keep dentures in place.
The Dental Implant Process
Replacing missing teeth with dental implants begins with careful preparations that may include tooth extraction and 3D scans. Then, the rest of the procedure is scheduled over several months.
The implant portion of your new tooth is a small screw or post made of titanium. This is surgically embedded in your jawbone. In the case of multiple missing teeth, more than one implant is positioned in the jaw.
As you heal from this minor surgery, which can take anywhere from three to six months depending on how many implants are placed, the post and surrounding bone tissue fuse together. As this happens, the bone anchors the implant that will hold your eventual tooth restoration sturdily in place. Once your dental implants in DuPont are secure, a custom crown, bridge or denture is attached to complete your smile.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
- Dental implants do not negatively impact the health of remaining healthy teeth.
- Because implants replace roots, they are more comfortable and secure.
- Implants preserve and stimulate the healthy jawbone, which helps it maintain its natural strength and health over the years.
- Implant-supported restorations are not removed for cleaning and can be cared for like natural teeth.
- With the help of proper oral hygiene and regular dental checkups, dental implants can last 30 years or more. In many cases, they thrive for a person’s entire life.
Call for More Information
Contact Dupont Family Dentistry to schedule a consultation and find out if dental implants are the solution to your tooth loss. Our dentists would love to assist you and help you reclaim the quality of life you deserve.